"Asparagus is in season at the moment so over the last few days we had it as a side dish with our dinner. It wasn't the kids' favourite so I decided to make asparagus soup. It was delicious! Even kids love it!Â "
A few of you asked me for the recipe... I didn't follow any so it's really from my head...Â I will try my best
1 small parsley
1 onion or 1/3 leek
100g natural soft cheeseÂ
Salt and pepper
1. SautÃ© onions in half of the butter (add more if needed)
2. Peel and chop carrots and parley
3. Cut off the tips from asparagus. Chop stalks.Â
4. Add chopped carrots, parsley and asparagus to onions. Cover with chicken or veg stock or just water and bring it to boil. When all the vegsÂ are soft add well chopped fresh parsley blitz with a hand blender.Â
Season with salt and pepper.Â
5. In a separate saucepan heat the butter and fry asparagus tips for few minutes till soft. Season with salt and pepper. You can also add some garlic.Â
6. Put the soup into bowls and scatter with fried tips.Â
Microwave and dishwasher safe.